Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Breakfast at Persephone's

or, when blog worlds collide.

I have another blog, that I keep anonymous, that was very active for a while there. I haven't done much with it in a long while, but while I was actively blogging on that site, I made friends with a few fellow bloggers. We would communicate with each other off-blog, and if any of us found ourselves in another's hometown, we would "out" ourselves and get together.

One such blogger is Persephone. Over the years, she has given me lots of great advice, directed me to knowledgeable people, and helped me keep my sanity. It just never worked out that when I was in her hometown, I was able to see her. We outed ourselves to each other a while back, and stay in touch.

She connected me to a friend of hers who moved to Modi'in, and we all have another blogger friend in common, who is also part of the communication circle.

The point of all this, is once I moved to Israel, I despaired of ever meeting Persephone in person. I no longer have any reason to be in her hometown when I visit the States, and anyway, the chances of my visiting the States now have been greatly reduced. Ahhhh...but, sooner or later, everyone comes to Israel.

And so it was, that along with our Modi'in friend, Persephone and I had breakfast together, in person, in Israel. And B"H, 'Seph is just as lovely in real life as she is in the internets.

Lovely to meet you, Persephone. Or whatever your name is ;)

4 comments:

persephone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
persephone said...

See, now you're just making me cry. Is that any way to repay me???

Besides, we helped each OTHER keep our sanity... such as it is. :D

Alissa said...

Eh, it's just my revenge for all the times you've made me cry ;)

And you know how I hate when you use foreign words with me - what is this "sanity" thing you talk of?

Anonymous said...

am totally calling her Tiffany from now on. When I remember. Which I won't. More coffee?