Thursday, July 3, 2008

Poco Knows

We have made it to my parent’s Bed & Breakfast in the hoppin’ hamlet of Delaware Water Gap, in time for my mother’s birthday. We said goodbye to Princess Petunia of the Cherokee Jeeps, thanked her for getting us across the country, and thanked the lovely young man who drove Petunia down to La Fayette, New York (and back to Canada where she will be sold, hopefully to a little old lady who will only drive her to church and back) where we rendezvoused with the Colonel.

And now we are toast. Exhausted. Fried. We were supposed to go up to Westchester County to visit some extended family, but that’s just not happening. We simply cannot get into a car again, and drive anymore. Plus I think if Maimo saw another car, he’d go commit dogicide.

We need a break.

So we’re sitting on my parent’s lovely veranda, enjoying the cool breeze (and the wireless) and contemplating a hike along the Appalachian Trail.

Meanwhile, we’ve found our two guarantors (thanks guys!), our Power of Attorney has been couriered to Israel, we’ve taken a HUGE risk and emailed our potential new address to the Jewish Agency and to Nefesh b’Nefesh. They need our address a minimum of one week before our flight in order to be able to process our paperwork on the plane. So even though it’s not completely confirmed, we’re crossing our fingers and holding our breath, and sent them the address.

Yeesh.

I’m hugely disappointed I won’t get to see my girls and their parents and grandparents, but I will get to see my aunt & uncle, and some other good friends who are descending upon the B&B over the next few days, G-d willing.

And now, if you will excuse me, I’m going back to relaxing.

No comments: